Monday, December 15, 2008

Untitled

Now I finally know why old grandmas like to knit.
Sweaters, cardigans, vests, scarfs ...

There are 2 essential requirements to knit :
1) A lot ,a lot of time.
2) A lot, a lot of love.

I started to knit a winter scarf during my autumn break.
It's the most basic patterns and I am supposed to finish it before Christmas.
But, until now, I still haven't finished.
And I am not sure I will/ want to finish it.

Now I understand how it's like when someone is knitting.
You think of the person that you are going to give while knitting.
Think of the happy moments you spent together.
Think of the nice things he/she did or said to you.
Think of his/her lovely smile.
Those are the motivation that keeps you knitting.
So, I could say, I am knitting a scarf and at the same time, I am knitting my affection into it.
If you don't have the huge amount of love, how can you spend so much time and energy on something that is "suprisingly" not funny at all ?

It is also true to say that I can progress faster if I feel lotsa love.
So, it is also natural that I couldn't progress at all even I have the time if I was confused and unsure.

I wonder when will I finish knitting the scarf.
And who is going to receive it ?

No comments: