Sunday, August 3, 2008

The ultimate Malaysian-Chinese BBQ

Got quite some requests that I should write my blog in English. Well, I will give it a try, maybe once in a week :P

Today was the long-waited BBQ party, organized by AD and his wife. AD is my very very best Malaysian friend since university. We had done all kinds of crazy stuff back then , hehehe, those were the days :P

On the way to AD's house at Kasai, which is almost 2 hours away from my dorm by train and bikes, I was kinda upset because Shuping and Balazs aeroplaned me. But, it turned out that it's good that they were not there because it's easier for everyone to talk, everyone can understand Mandarin, and some Cantonese. And I don't have to be the translator or the Japanese teacher for a day and plainly enjoy my time with my own familiar languages. It actually feels great and relieved !

After moving all the stuff to the BBQ park ( yeah, there is such a park and you need rsvn to BBQ at the park ! ), the guys started to work. Hehehe, do it Malaysian style = let's the guys to the hard work. So, we girls went to the supermarket to get some cold drinks while the guys set up the fire and start BBQ. The BBQ turned out to be superb because all the guys are working or worked at a Yakitori restaurant. They are the real professionals and came up with all sorts of differenct sauce, peppers, spices, salts ... blah blah blah ... I was so amazed by their enthusiasism and passion of cooking !! Fish, shells, asparagus, prawn, lamb chop, char siu (!), corns, ,mushrooms .... it's really like an all-you-can-eat-session !! there was even curry chicken, omg ! I really appreciate the char siu made by Ah Loy ... the taste of home! These guys were working until 4am to prepare all the nice food, I am so touched ... and ashamed at the same time that I wasn't contributing any thing at all !!


The professional BBQ . Yummy !!


Men in action!!


Xiao Man Tou in action !


The Char Siu King, Ah Loy.

Actually, I am very impressed by Ah Loy. He is a very humorous guy with typical Malaysian characteristic. Really enjoy his malaysian jokes , wakaka ! Good, erm ... professional in cooking, easy-going and friendly, like a big gor-gor. We kinda met each other once 4 or 5 years ago during a food festival at Odaiba but I can't recall much about that encounter ( too busy eating ? ). But, after I met him last thursday, I had this feeling that this person is going to play a big role or give some kinda influence to my life. The sixth sense of a girl, very leng one eh.

After the BBQ, we ended up in AD's house. PSP time :) suddenly all the men became big boys ... hehehe ! It's really funny to see them yelling so passionately during the game. I read some books and played with Xiao Man Tou and Alex. Had some quality time there until almost 10pm !!

I really gained a lot of courage and confidence from this BBQ. I can be the real me with them, feel so free. Now i realised how much it means to be able to talk with someone in Cantonese. I am so looking forward for the mid-autumn festival party !

1 comment:

MSKY said...

Yummy ~
You contributed your stomach, haha.